Companies, investment professionals and advisors must disclose and not omit material facts and risks necessary for a customer or investor to make an informed purchase decision. It has unfortunately become a systematic practice for sellers and issuers to omit or misrepresent critical material facts or risks. This often results in enormous losses and constitutes securities fraud.
The significance and materiality of a key omission of fact or law is enormous. Companies and controlling persons often purposely obfuscate the true nature of the risks involved in an investment product or other securities or insurance products either by using hyper-technical language or language so equivocal that a reasonable person would not be able to attach the appropriate importance to what is being read. Misrepresentations and omissions violate the basic principles of securities laws and common law.
In addition to disclosing all material facts concerning an investment product, it is equally important and required by law that a company, investment professional or affiliate prominently highlight the facts in, for example, the “Principal Risks” portion of a prospectus or other offering document and provide the same to each investor. Far too frequently, companies, affiliates and many investment advisors do not disclose key major material facts or risks in the body or “Principal Risks” portion of a prospectus but instead bury the key risks or facts in a Statement of Additional Information or other area such that it is not prominently and easily conveyed to an investor. Such acts violate the securities laws.
For over thirty two years, the securities lawyers at Gilman Law LLP, Naples, Florida Securities Office have been involved in all major aspects of securities litigation. The firm has had the pleasure of representing clients in a wide range of securities litigation including, the following areas:
- Actions to recover losses from securities fraud including prosecution of cutting edge fraud – on – the market cases;
- Prosecution of claims under Section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act and Rule 10B-5 involving fraud, schemes and courses of conduct intended to deceive the investment public regarding companies’ business, operations, management and intrinsic value to artificially inflate the share price of securities; insider trading actions; and a broad spectrum of devices, schemes, and artifices to defraud;
- Controlling person liability under Section 20(A) of the Securities Exchange Act;
- Prosecution of Section 11 claims under the SEC 1933 Act when investors purchase a security issued pursuant to a registration statement, prospectus or proxy statement;
- Shareholder and Investor Derivative Actions;
- ERISA litigation on behalf of current and former employees and pension and health plan participants;
- Prosecution of Arbitration Actions seeking recovery of losses for breach of fiduciary duty and a wide range of violations of law;
- Litigation involving corporate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, or leveraged buyouts;
- Business Litigation.
Recently, Gilman Law LLP, Naples, Florida Securities Office settled securities litigation in the high profile case of Madoff-Tremont-Mass Mutual insurance Company for investors with recovery of several hundred million dollars.
At Gilman Law LLP, Naples, Florida Securities Office, our team of experienced securities professional lawyers investigates and analyzes all relevant facts, issues and circumstances surrounding an investment product to ensure that you received the disclosure to which you are legally entitled. If a violation of state or federal securities laws, we are available to thoroughly analyze your claims. We have been practicing in Naples, throughout the state of Florida and nationally for over 40 years to recover the investment losses to which you are entitled. We are available to meet with you and analyze your potential claim.
Legal Help for Victims of Securities Fraud
Gilman Law LLP, Naples, Florida Securities Office is a leading securities fraud law firm and is here to assist and help you receive the most compensation for your securities fraud claim. For a FREE evaluation of your securities fraud case, please fill out our online form, or if you need to speak to one of our Florida breach of contract lawyers immediately, CALL TOLL FREE (1-888-252-0048) today.
For over 40 years, we have represented investors in securities litigation for their investment losses case due to securities fraud in counties throughout Florida, including Collier County, Lee County, Charlotte County, Hillsborough County, Miami Dade County, Broward County, Orange County, Duval County, and Palm Beach County.
Naples, Flroida securities litigation fraud law firm and lawyers